SUBSCRIBE to our channel so you never miss an episode!
Knowing Hospitality is a full service hotel management and consulting company that stabilizes properties on behalf of owners and lenders. Visit us at https://knowinghospitality.com to learn more.
Book a 90-minute hotel strategy call: https://knowinghospitality.com/contact
www.theprovenprinciplespodcast.com for past episodes and show notes.
Mark is a successful, long time Executive Chef. He, self admittedly, fully bought in to the way the culinary world worked until one day he realized he wanted more. Mark’s story of personal and professional development is something that many in the culinary world are starting to think about but have yet to take the leap.
He shares his journey to become a better leader, his drive to seek out new education opportunities and his philosophy on where the Executive Chef role needs to evolve in our new world. When you’re thinking about reinventing yourself, it’s not easy to know where to start. By highlighting Mark’s journey, we hope that it shows those who are deciding which direction to go, that whatever your decision, it can be done.
On this episode we discuss:
- Moving in to new areas of the business / Why seek out new education opportunities? (5:28)
- Is an empathetic management style emerging within culinary culture? (14:30)
- Tasting and the artistry in culinary work (15:40)
- How COVID has affected the culinary world (19:09)
- Advice for cooks on how they should be looking at themselves and their skillset to remain competitive (23:57)
- Is cooking still a viable career option? (29:32)
- The changes needed within culinary culture (37:00)
- Who has the responsibility to drive change within organizations? (44:43)
- The fundamental principles to success in the industry (52:00)
Hotel Executive Chef with more than 20 years of experience in all areas of the culinary operation and management for Four Star/Four Diamond hotels, award winning restaurants and catering of high profile social and corporate events.
After a fantastic couple of years immersing myself into the fascinatingly diverse and ever-expanding food scene in London, I am relocating to the Los Cabos area in Mexico and I am excited to take on a new and challenging opportunity in the area.